What date and time is the event?
Sunday, 30 July 2017.
Please note: Each event will be started in waves depending on your anticipated finish time. Sunday 30 July:
- Half-marathon – 7:00am (Half-Marathon start closes at 7:20am)
- 10km run – 9:15am 5km run/walk
- 5km run/walk – 10:30am (start closes at 9:35am)
Where is the event village located?
What distances are available?
Half-Marathon (21.1km run), 10km run and 5km run/walk.
Early Entry price finishes 11:59pm Thursday 20 April 2017
Adults- over 18
*Optional race pack postage fee of $8.95, otherwise it’s free to collect from our CBD store. More info here
Child is classified as 4 to 17 years of age (as of Sunday, 30 July 2017). Children under 4 are free and must complete the registration.
Things you should know
- Child is classified as 4 to 17 years of age (as of Sunday, 30 July 2017). Children under 4 are free and must complete the registration.
- All amounts quoted are inclusive of GST.
- All packs mailed out will incur a $8.95 postage fee. Race packs can be picked up from the Sole Motive Store, prior to event day. All entries received after June 30 must be collected at the Sole Motive store. There is no race pack collection on race day.
- No portion of the entry fee will be donated to charity. Entry fees are used to cover the cost of staging the event.
- Participants are encouraged to raise money for their preferred charity through the Everyday Hero program.
- For full Terms and Conditions please click here.
Event day entry
We will be taking entries on the day at the ‘Entries’ marquee at Federation Square from 6:00am. If you are planning on entering on the day, please arrive early to avoid queues and ensure you have enough time to drop off your clothes and prepare before the event starts. Please note that late fees will apply.
If you are unable to participate and require a credit note (minus $20 administration fee) please contact Sole Motive by 5:00pm, Friday 30 June 2017. After this date, no credit notes will be issued. Credit notes will not be issued when downgrading distances. Credit notes will be valid for Sole Motive owned events and cannot be used for contracted events. Credit notes are valid for 1 year from the date of issuing. Refunds will not be issued.
If you are unable to participate and require a transfer into another Sole Motive event please visit our registration members hub
1. Visit the members hub
2. Select your event
3. Select ‘View Details’
4. Select the ’Transfers’ tab
5. Choose which type of transfer it is (i.e. either between distance or between people)
6.Hit continue and complete the transfer
For further information, please email Sole Motive email@example.com or phone (03) 9285 0600. Please note: refunds are not available.
Minimum age to participate
Half-marathon – 16 years or older on Sunday, 30 July 2017.
10km run – 12 years or older on Sunday, 30 July 2017.
5km run/walk – No minimum age.
I’m having trouble entering on the website, what do I do?
Run Melbourne uses ‘Realbuzz’ registrations, which offers a high level of protection and privacy for our entrants. However, there are now certain browsers and software versions that are unsupported by the Realbuzz registration system and may cause issues when attempting to register for all events.
Please note the following to ensure that these issues do not occur when you are registering.
Unsupported Internet Browsers include- ‘Internet Explorer 8’ and below. Please note: Internet Explorer 9 will soon no longer be supported by our registration system.
Supported Internet Browsers include- ‘Mozilla Firefox’, ‘Google Chrome’, ‘Safari’ If you do not have any of the supported internet browsers, just click on the links below to download or type any respective browser name into Google and download one; each browser is fast to download and free. Alternatively, any smart phone or tablet will have supported software. As a result, Run Melbourne can ensure that our users have a hassle-free experience when registering for events.
If you are still experiencing problems entering, please contact us directly on (03) 9285 0600.
What are my options if I’ve entered and can no longer participate?
- If you would like to downgrade your distance:
Please email Sole Motive firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9285 0600. Please note: Any changes to your registration (name, distance, postage) will incur a $10 administration fee.
- If you would like a credit note:
If you would like a credit note (minus $20 administration fee) please email Sole Motive via email@example.com by 5:00pm, Friday 30 June 2017. After this date, no credit notes will be valid. Credit notes are valid for Sole Motive events only and are valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
Credit notes will not be issued when downgrading distances.
Where do I collect my Race Information Pack / Will it be posted?
Race Pack Postage:
All participants who register before 9am Monday 17 July 2017 can opt to have their race packs mailed to them. All postage will incur a $8.95 fee.
Race Pack Collection:
Collection of race packs will be available at the Sole Motive Store, 170 Queen Street.
- Any changes to your registration, of any kind (i.e. name, distance, postage) will incur a $10 admin fee.
- Participants entering after 9am Monday 17th July 2017 will be required to to collect their race pack from the Sole Motive Store at 170 Queen Street, Melbourne.
- Those who do not select postage must pick up from the Sole Motive store. No on-day collection will be available.
What happens if I’ve received my Race Information Pack and decide not to participate?
You must return your timing tag to the below address:
Run Melbourne Unit 33, 63 – 85 Turner Street, Port Melbourne VIC 3207
Please note: Timing tags not returned by Friday, 18 August 2017 will incur a $50 replacement charge.
What if I lose my race number?
Participants will be charged an additional $10.00 for the replacement timing piece. All participants must wear a race number. Anyone without a race number will not be permitted to start the event.
Can I change the distance I've entered in?
Please note: Any changes to your registration, of any kind (i.e. name, distance, postage) will incur a $10 admin fee.
I have received my race pack, but not my merchandise.
We will commence sending out merchandise mid June, 2017.
Can I exchange my merchandise item?
Please return all merchandise to:
Unit C3, 63 – 85 Turner Street, Port Melbourne 3207
What will the entry show on my credit card?
Can wheelchair athletes enter?
Can I participate in two different distances?
Can I enter on the day?
Where can I park?
1) Arts Centre open 24hrs for a flat rate $19
2) Southgate (access from City Road or Southgate Avenue) open 24hrs for a flat rate of $10
3) Federation Square (access via Russell Street) from 8am for a flat rate of $16
4) Secure Parking, Flinders Street (opposite Federation Square) open 24hrs for a maximum of $15
5) Eureka (access via City Road) open 24hrs for a flat rate of $9
Can I catch public transport to the event?
TRAIN – Catch train services to Flinders Street Station. Take the St Kilda Rd exit from station and walk to Federation Square. Be aware that the start time of the Brooks half marathon may be before your earliest train service.
TRAM – Routes 1, 3/ 3a, 5, 6, 8, 16, 64, 67, 72 service St Kilda Rd; disembark at Federation Square. Further information is available from http://ptv.vic.gov.au/
Road Closures 30th of July
Docklands & CBD Precinct
Full road closure of the following from 4am to no later than 8.30am:
- Full Closure North and South bound lanes Queens Bridge St from Flinders St to Power St/Whiteman St – local access between Power St and Southbank Boulevard.
- Full Closure North and South bound from Clarendon St/Spencer St from Collins St to Whiteman St/ Normandy St – local access bw Normanby St and Southbank Boulevard.
- Full Closure Collins St Harbour Esp to Navigation Drive.
- Full Closure Harbour Esplanade from McCrae St to Collins St.
- Full Closure bound lanes Batmans Hill Drive between Flinders and Collins St.
- Full Closure Doepel Way from Caravel Lane to Docklands Drive. Local access to be maintained.
Partial closures of the following from 4am to no later than 9.00am:
- North bound lanes of St Kilda Rd from Southbank Blvd to Flinders.
- West bound lanes of Flinders St from Swanston St to Wurundjeri Way.
- East bound lanes of Flinders St from Wurundjeri Way to Clarendon St.
- West bound lanes of Collins St from Spencer St to Harbour Esp.
- West bound lanes of Collins St Block and hold Harbour Esp to Navigation Drive.
- East bound lanes McCrae St from Harbour Esplanade and Batmans Hill Drive .
- North bound lanes Harbour Esplanade from McCrae St to Collins.
- East and West bound lanes Batmans Hill Drive from Wurundjeri Way and Collins St.
- West bound lanes Bourke St – junction with Harbour Esp Block and hold whilst runners are crossing.
- West bound lanes Docklands Dr from Harbour Esplanade to Pearl River Esp.
- North and South bound lanes St Mangos Lane – junction with Docklands Drive. Block and hold whilst runners are crossing.
St Kilda Rd, Royal Botanical Gardens, Melbourne Park and Batman Ave precinct
Please note the following changes to traffic conditions on Sunday, 30 July between 4:00am – 12noon:
Full road closure of the following:
- Linlithgow Avenue
- Government House Drive
- Anzac Avenue
- Birdwood Avenue
- Dallas Brooks Drive
- Domain Road –Local access allowed from side streets heading west for local traffic only
- Arnold Street – Local access allowed for local traffic only – held by marshals and walked out when safe
- Bromby Street – Local access allowed for local traffic only – held by marshals and walked out when safe
- Anderson Street – Local access allowed from side streets heading west for local traffic only
- Alexandra Avenue, will be closed between Hoddle St and Swan Street Bridge
- Alexandra Avenue, will be closed between Hoddle St and Morel Bridge-(local access permitted)
- Batman Avenue, between Flinders Street and Olympic Boulevard (CityLink)
- Jolimont Street, between Agnes Street and Jolimont Road
- Jolimont Road between Jolimont Street and Wellington Parade
- Wellington Parade South between Wellington Parade and Flinders Street (local traffic only)
- Brunton Avenue (local traffic only)
- Boathouse Drive (closed until 08:30am)
Partial closures of the following:
- Westbound lanes of Flinders Street from Spring Street to Swanston Street
- Westbound lanes of Flinders Street from Swanston Street to Queensbridge Street (closed until 08:15)
- Southbound lane of Queensbridge Street from Flinders Street to Queensbridge Square (closed until 08:15)
- Northbound centre lanes of St. Kilda Road from Flinders Street to Southbank Boulevard (closed until 08:15)
- Northbound service lanes of St. Kilda Road from Flinders Street to Southbank Boulevard (closed until 08:15)
- Southbound lanes of St Kilda Road from Flinders Street to Linlithgow Avenue
- Southbound service lane of St Kilda Road from Princes Bridge to Toorak Rd
- Northbound lanes of Domain Street, between Bromby Street and Domain Road
From 6am Saturday 29, July to 12:30pm Sunday 30, July St Kilda Road southbound service lane between Princes Bridge to Linlithgow Avenue will be closed.
There will be several entertainment zones around the event course that will include music which will be in operation from 7am to 12noon on Sunday 30, July. All music will be monitored and kept to below 72 decibels.
Road closure and event information can be confirmed by calling Sole Motive on (03) 9285 0600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What should I wear?
5km Walkers – normal clothes and a comfortable pair of shoes will be fine.
Can I bring my dog or other pet to run/walk with me?
Can I ride my bike alongside my friend who is running?
Can I push a pram in the event?
I have a toddler, do they have to pay?
Where can I leave my bag?
Where will the toilets be located?
Where will the first aid stations be located?
Where will the drink stations be?
Water will be available at all drink stations, with electrolyte available at some drink stations on the course.
Will there be a warm up?
What is a wave start, and how will I know what wave I should be in?
When entering the event, you will nominate a time bracket that you are aiming to complete the course in. On event day, you will then need to look out for the start area that corresponds to the time bracket you nominated and assemble into this wave.
I have a chance of winning, do I need to enter an early wave?
Where is the best place to watch friends or family members while they are out running or walking?
The best spectator areas are:
- St Kilda Road
- Alexandra Avenue (this is a hive of sound and activity with up to four bands and DJs spread along this beautiful river side avenue)
- Batman Avenue (close proximity to the finish area, this is an ideal point to cheer participants on and give them the extra boost over the last few kilometres)
- Alexander Gardens (Half Marathon runner’s only Approx 30 mins into their run)
Are there any time restrictions?
If participants feel they cannot run the entire 10km distance, they are permitted to both run and walk. Participants who only want to walk must enter the 5km distance.
What happens if it is raining on the day of the event?
Please note: If the event is cancelled, entries are non-refundable.
Will I be timed?
How do I return the timing tag if I don’t participate on the day?
Run Melbourne. Unit 33, 63 – 85 Turner Street, Port Melbourne VIC 3207
Please note: Timing tags not returned by Friday, 11 August 2017 will incur a $50 replacement charge.
Where can I find my results?
How will I be timed on day and what is net time
Net time is the time the participant crosses the start line until they cross the finish line. This is how results are displayed on the website, however, these times are for participant information only and are not used to determine placegetters.
Race Pack Pick up
Things to know:
Please bring your eTicket to the collection.
Those who do not select postage must pick up from the Sole Motive store the below dates. No on-day collection will be available. If you cannot make your allocated time slot, please contact the Run Melbourne team email@example.com Postage is only available within Australia.
Pick UP A - Opening Hours (Sole Motive)
- Friday 14 July 9.30 – 6pm
- Saturday 15 July 10am – 5pm
- Sunday 16 July 11am – 4pm
- Monday 17 July 9.30 – 6pm
- Tuesday 18 July 9.30 – 6pm
- Wednesday 19 July 9.30 -6pm
- Thursday 20 July 9.30 -6pm
- Friday 21 July 9.30- 6pm
- Saturday 22 July 10am – 5pm
- Sunday 23 July 11am – 4pm
Pick UP B - Opening Hours (Sole Motive)
- Friday 21 July 9.30 – 6pm
- Saturday 22 July 10am -5pm
- Sunday 23 July 11am – 4pm
- Monday 24 July 9.30 – 6pm
- Tuesday 25 July 9.30 – 6pm
- Wednesday 26 July 9.30 – 6pm
- Thursday 27 July 9.30 – 6pm
Pick UP C - Opening Hours (Sole Motive)
- Tuesday 25 July 9.30 – 6pm
- Wednesday 26 July 9.30 – 6pm
- Thursday 27 July 9.30 – 6pm
Pick UP D - Opening Hours (Sole Motive)
- Friday 28 July 9:30am – 6pm
- Saturday 29 July 10am -2pm