11 April 2021
Parkes Place West
The ultimate long-distance run! Set your sights on completing the 42.2km course. Some will tell you that you haven’t lived until you’ve run a marathon and we couldn’t agree more.
With an AIMS certified course, you can use this race to qualify for an upcoming major international marathon.
Standard Pricing ends 1 October.
The Marathon course takes you on a loop of Parliament and then around Telopea onto Kings Avenue to State Circle.
From there you’ll run on Adelaide Avenue towards Yarralumla and into Weston Park. You will then follow Aleandrina Dr back towards Commonwealth Ave
Then, you will run over the Commonwealth Avenue Bridge onto Parkes way and out to the Glenloch Interchange to a turnaround point. You’ll then return on Parkes Way to the Morshead Drive turnaround.
You’ll then head over Kings Avenue Bridge and complete a second loop of Telopea before heading to the finish line!
Course subject to change.
Marathon Pacers Provided by Sydney Striders
Start time: 6:25am
Cut Off Time: 12:30pm – see details below (approx 9min 20sec pace)
Start line: King George Terrace
Finish line: West Lawns (Parkes Place West)
Age limit: 18 years of age on event day
START TIME / START LINE / FINISH LINE
- Marathon Start Time: 6:25am
- Marathon Start Line: King George Terrace
- Marathon Finish: West Lawns
- Early Bird: TBC
- Standard: TBC
- Last Minute: TBC
Can I Change my Wave?
If you decide to start in another wave, you do not need to tell anyone. No participant can change into Priority or Elite without prior approval.
Can I Transfer my Entry?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to do so. You can transfer your entry into someone else’s name until 28 March 2021.
Clothing storage is available in the Event Village. Look for the ‘Bag Drop’ marquee.
Your race number features a tear-off strip for you to attach to your backpack or clothing bag. Do not leave any valuables in your bag as we cannot accept responsibility for valuables lost or stolen.
RACE PACK PICKUP / postage
We will have a mixture of water, Endura Raspberry Electrolyte and Endura gel stations (please note not all drinks stations will have Electrolyte/gels) located along the course*.
- King George Terrace (0km) – Water, Toilets
- Federation Mall West (2.8km) – Water
- Bowen Drive Eastbound (6.3km) – Water, Toilets
- Bowen Drive Westbound (9km) – Water, Electrolyte, Personal Refreshments
- State Circle (12.5km) – Water, Toilets
- Hopetoun Circuit (15km) – Water, Electrolyte, Toilets
- Weston Park Turnaround (17.5km) – Water, Toilets
- Alexandrina Drive Eastbound (21.5km) – Water, Electrolyte, Gels
- Flynn Drive (22.3km) – Water, Toilets
- Parkes Way Westbound (26km) – Water, Electrolyte, Personal Refreshments
- Parkes Way Eastbound (30km) – Water, Gels, Toilets
- Parkes Way Eastbound (33.8km) – Water, Electrolyte, Toilets
- Bowen Drive Eastbound (37.9km) – Water, Personal Refreshments, Toilets
- Bowen Drive Westbound (40.8km) – Water, Electrolyte
You can drop off your personal refreshment items from 8:00am – 2:00pm in the Event Village.
- Drop Off Location: Personal Refreshment Marquee – Event Village (West Lawns)
- Drop Off Date: Saturday, 7 November 2020
- Drop Off Times: 8:00am – 2:00pm
- Personal Refreshment Drink Station Locations: 9km, 26km and 37.9km
Drink containers are not to be any taller than 21cm in total including all attachments.
- Personal Refreshment Drinks Drop off will close at 2:00pm sharp.
- Your race number must be clearly shown on the bottle container.
- It is your responsibility to find your own bottle at the Personal Refreshment Drinks Station Locations.
- All bottles must be disposed of in a Drink Station Location and are not to be dropped on course.
- The use of Personal Refreshments is at the risk of participants.
There will be feather kilometre markers throughout the event. These will be located every 1km.
Trophies and prizes will be awarded to the top 3 male and female finishers across the line at presentations. Medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each age category and will be posted out post-event.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Overall Male and Female
- 1st Male & 1st Female – $500
- 2nd Male & 2nd Female – $250
- 3rd Male & 3rd Female – $150
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place in each Age Category (Male and Female)
- 18-29, 30-39, 40-49….
Marathon Cut Off Times
- 6:10am: All entrants must have crossed the Start Line
- 8:04am: Clear King Edward Terrace onto Parkes Place East
- 8:54am: Clear Brown St onto Weston Park Road
- 9:21am: Clear Weston Park
- 9:52am: Clear turnaround at Flynn Drive traffic lights
- 10:34am: Reached Half Marathon turnaround on Parkes Way. Runners approaching after the cut-off time will be directed to the turnaround on Parkes Way if they wish to continue and no official time will be registered.
- 11:52pm: Clear Kings Avenue Bridge onto Bowen Drive
- 12:30pm: All participants must have crossed the Finish Line
CAN I ENTER ON DAY?
After 11:59pm 4 November 2020, you can enter the event by visiting the Event Village (Parkes Place West) at the following times:
Friday, 6 November from 3:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturday, 7 November from 8:00am – 4:00pm
No entries will be taken on race day.
If you are a racing wheelchair please contact email@example.com to secure your spot. The racing wheelchair wave will start approximately 5 minutes before the official
Sole Motive accommodates wheelchairs in our events. If you’re not a Racing Wheelchair Athlete, please start at the back of the final wave in your event.
MARATHON PRIORITY START TIMES
- Male – 3hr 15min
Female – 3hr 30min
There is ample parking within walking distance to the race start and finish area. Public Parking is available at the following locations:
Friday (Race Pack Collection)
P1 – Treasury Building car park – access via Langton Crescent
Saturday (Race Pack Collection)
P2 – John Gorton Building – Access from Dorthy Tangney Place
P3 – National Archives car park – Access from Kings Avenue
P4 – Questacon Car park – Access via Queen Elizabeth Drive
P5 – National Gallery – Access from King Edward Terrace via Kings Avenue only
P2 – John Gorton Building – Access from Dorthy Tangney Place
P3* – National Archives car park – Access from Kings Avenue
Please note the Southbound lane on Kings Avenue will be closed for participants. To reach P3 please access Kings Avenue from State Circle.
If you are driving to the event, please read parking signs carefully to ensure you have parked legally.